How’s your relationship with abundance? In my last post, I asked you to investigate your relationship with money, and suggested that financial abundance is directly related to self-love. The response I received to that post was overwhelming. For heart-based entrepreneurs, cultivating a loving relationship with money can be a struggle. In this post, I’ll be sharing some real actions you can take to transform your money-love connection.
Financially successful people love money. They believe that money is good, that it is easily available, and that they deserve to be rewarded financially for their efforts. In his best-selling book, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, the financial freedom guru T. Harv Eker teaches that we all have what he calls a “money thermostat” – an internal setting that dictates how comfortable we are with money. Those whose money thermostat is set at the level of abundance are much more likely to be financially successful than those whose thermostat is set at the level of scarcity. It’s just that simple.
If your relationship to the world is based on scarcity, that’s what your life will reflect. If you shift that worldview towards abundance, your life and your bank account will both benefit. The thing to do is notice how you’re living your life, and then take action. As Eker is fond of saying, “How you do anything is how you do everything.” If lack of finances is a reoccurring theme in your life, check to see if there are other areas in life where you are cutting yourself off from abundance. If you’re sloppy with your finances, chances are you’re sloppy in other areas of life, as well. Check this out! It could be that your thermostat is set on scarcity, and it may be time for you to transform the way you think, feel, and act where money is concerned.
If you’re ready to heal your money pit, here are some exercises to get you started. Your bank account and your love account will both surely benefit.
- Rewrite your money story – Your scarcity conversation is a result of outdated programming derived from parental and/or cultural influences. Find out what your story is by finishing the sentence “Money is…” as many times as you can. Then change the words to statements that create a positive energy flow. “I Love Money” and “I’m a Money Magnet” are good to start with.
- Stop procrastinating – No doubt you have decided numerous times to rectify your money situation. If you’ve been putting off starting or been inconsistent, notice what you are choosing and choose something else.
- Notice your spending patterns – I used to shop whenever I was feeling emotional, as if having a new outfit would truly make a difference in my life. I felt happy for about a day. The bill hung around a lot longer!
- Tell the truth – If you spend money you don’t have, stop it! “I’ll worry about it later” is not a financial planning strategy!
- Proclaim your worth – Stand for having an abundant life and believe that you can have it! You are worth way more than an empty bank account! Money attracts money. Lack of self-worth is a major source of scarcity for heart-based entrepreneurs and bears consideration if you’re serious about healing your money pit.
Are you ready to heal your money-love connection? Contact me for a complimentary 20 minute consultation to create a plan for unblocking your blessings. www.LaneCobb.com/Contact/
Get Your FREE Download 7 Secret Strategies to Health, Wealth, Prosperity, and Peace of Mind